Job title: Financial Manager
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Our branch in Randburg, Johannesburg has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Manager. The successful candidate will have thorough financial understanding and analytical approach and must be able to report accurately and timeously.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Financial management
- Work closely with the financial team to ensure accurate and timely monthly reporting.
- On joining to run with the project of consolidating company financial structures into one.
- This includes redefining the chart of accounts
- Group and Business Unit budgets
- Business Unit cost centers, and reporting
- Report and analyze consolidated cost centers performance in more detail in respect to budgets, cash flows, expenses and achieving required returns.
- Input from a financial perspective to ensure correct strategic decision making.
- Ensuring auditors requirements are met.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislations.
- Debtors and creditors oversight.
- Running Logistics
- Getting to terms with our Logistics Systems including:
- Product tariffs and duties
- Shipping and freight costs and procedures
- Import ordering costs and procedures
- Import costing and pricing
- Stock holding and optimizing capital employed
- Imports and foreign exchange
- Forex payments – monitoring cash flows, rates, bookings and terms.
- Cross border trading into Africa and how can we improve on this by having correct financial structures.
- Import aspects and exchange control risks and costing decisions.
- Web based sales
- Financial systems to support and grow web-based sales.
- Staff management
- Agree on financial strategic tasks with the financial team based on company strategic tasks and goals.
- Monthly review of such tasks also based on company reporting.
Key competencies and skills
- Requires financial analytical skills to analyze existing accounts and reporting
- Cost accounting skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge and high proficiency in Excel formulas and functions
- Requires a dynamic approach to engage with rest of company team
- Positive and pro-active attitude
- Independent, self-driven
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- The person in this position must be willing to travel to the different branches
Qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting or Financial Management
- At least 8 years’ Financial Management background
- Previous work experience in financial analysis roles (including forecasting, budgeting, strategic planning and business decision support)
- Sage/Pastel Evolution experience
To apply, candidates are required to submit a comprehensive CV and proof of Qualifications.
Closing date: 30 June 2021