Job title: Service Technician
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
We have a vacancy for an experienced and qualified Service Technician (Electrician with Trade Test) to join our Gauteng team in Alberton. The successful candidate will be tasked with service work including support, repairs, upgrades and system improvement..
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all service-related duties in the region including repairs, upgrades, technical support, fault finding, system improvement, agency support and on-site installations.
- Provide customers with on-site and telephonic technical, electrical and mechanical service and support.
- Technical projects after it has been signed over to the service team.
- Provide quotes and assist with sales within the region.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships and promoting SA Power projects and products.
Qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12
- A recognised qualification from a reputable institution or training centre
- Trade Test Certificate (Electrical)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar industry / factory environment
- Must have experience and knowledge in:
- AC drives;
- Electrical panel-building;
- Electrical wiring and fault-finding;
- Basic knowledge of PLC programming – Ladder, Structured text
- Networking ethernet, Profinet.
- Must be familiar with the EMC standards for wiring
- Able to assist in customer breakdowns including electrical and mechanical fault finding, installing and replacing of products
- Must be efficient in hardwire circuit fault-finding
Applicants must be adaptable to flexible working hours, including being on standby and be able to work overtime when required.
To apply, candidates are required to submit a comprehensive CV and proof of Qualifications.
Closing date: 30 April 2021